Police Intercept Ammo Smuggling Attempt at Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Customs officers at the Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey have intercepted an attempt to smuggle large amounts of ammunition into Turkey.
The X-ray inspection of a car driven by a Turkish national detected a suspicious load.
The car had entered Kapakule from the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing.
A follow-up inspection with a detection dog found 21 000 pistol bullets and an equal amount of bullets for sniper rifles, machine pistols, shotguns, etc.
The driver and the three other Turkish nationals traveling in the car have been arrested and will be tried in an Edirne-based court.
The investigation into the case continues.
- » Bulgarian Woman Killed in Madrid
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul