Police Intercept Ammo Smuggling Attempt at Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Customs officers at the Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey have intercepted an attempt to smuggle large amounts of ammunition into Turkey.
The X-ray inspection of a car driven by a Turkish national detected a suspicious load.
The car had entered Kapakule from the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing.
A follow-up inspection with a detection dog found 21 000 pistol bullets and an equal amount of bullets for sniper rifles, machine pistols, shotguns, etc.
The driver and the three other Turkish nationals traveling in the car have been arrested and will be tried in an Edirne-based court.
The investigation into the case continues.
- » The Police Detained a Man Waving a Gun at a Cafe in the Center of Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Immigrant Smuggling Gang
- » Teacher from Rousse was Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Sexually Assaulting Schoolgirls
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal
- » Man Arrested for Hooliganism in the Sofia City Center