Bulgarian Interior Requests Funds for Dubious Firefighting Equipment
The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior has requested BGN 110,000 from the cabinet to repair firefighting equipment that was allegedly damaged in a recent wildfire in the Vitosha mountain near capital Sofia.
The cabinet has approved the request addressed by Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov, even though it comes in the middle of the year, and the Ministry has by far the largest budget (over BGN ! B) among its peers.
"Fighting 5-day fire in Vitosha damaged fire hoses, portable water reservoirs, chainsaws and all-terrain vehicles," reads the Interior Ministry report, as quoted by bTV.
During the wildfire, volunteers reported en masse that the firefighter squads sent by the Ministry of Interior were poorly equipped to fight a forest fire.
Volnteers and firefighters had to carry simple buckets, hoses were scarce, and chainsaws were chiefly supplied by Bulgaria's Forestry Agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend