Bulgaria PM: after Getting South Stream, Gazprom to Sponsor CSKA Sofia
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov has confirmed earlier reports that on his invitation Russian energy giant Gazprom has agreed to sponsor key Bulgarian football club, vice-champions CSKA Sofia.
"I told Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller that if in October we agree on the South Stream pipeline, it would be good if the top Bulgarian football club got a sponsor in Gazprom," said Borisov in an interview for Darik Radio.
The Bulgarian PM was discussing a state of perceived poor management of the club by Bulgarian company Titan.
Borisov said Miller expressed an interest in the offer, but specified that Gazprom has the tradition to sponsor teams playing in blue colors, such as are the colors of the gas colossus.
Levski Sofia, CSKA's arch-rivals, play in Blue, but PM Borisov specified that they do not need a sponsor at the present.
"So they agreed to sponsor Bulgaria's historically most awarded team, CSKA, who play in red," said he.
According to the Bulgarian PM, CSKA Sofia will start to get financed by Gazprom once the joint-company for the natural gas is created.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online