Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Treasure Hunting Channel
Police officers from the Cultural Valuables Trafficking Unit of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry have busted a channel for the smuggling of historical and cultural valuables.
The operation has been carried in the capital Sofia and the northwestern city of Vratsa jointly with the Vratsa police and the 3rd police precinct in Sofia.
The authorities seized over 240 antique coins, a ceramic head, 77 ceramic vessels, 10 fibulas, a ring, and a small statue.
Three addresses have been raided. Two men, 32 and 64, were arrested for conducting illegal treasure hunting digs and then selling the finds online.
Police seized a metal detector, 2 laptops and 163 bullets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway
- » A Bulgarian is among the 10 Most Wanted Criminals in Spain
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria