Bulgarian Meat, Dairy Processors to Discuss Poor Feed Harvest with PM
Livestock breeders and representatives of the meat and dairy processing industries and large retail chains in Bulgaria will meet Wednesday with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to discuss the problems faced by the sector.
Meat and dairy processors expect an increase in feed prices to push up prices of meat and dairy products.
"Unlike the good wheat harvest, producers expect poor results with maize and sunflower," Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov explained before the meeting.
He added that the feed harvest was expected to be poor all over the world and if no rains came, prices of feeds would spike dramatically.
Naydenov specified that this would automatically result in higher prices of meat and dairy products.
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister made clear that a poor harvest of maize and sunflower would erase the profits brought by sales of wheat because there were no grain producers specialized in wheat only.
He informed that the situation would be discussed once again when the harvest season for maize and sunflower was wrapped up.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The State to grant a Loan of BGN 800 million to Bulgargaz
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?