Bulgarian Citizens Clash in Sweden Street Brawl
Two rival groups of berry pickers from Bulgaria have clashed in the Swedish town of G?vle, prompting local police to escort some 30 people out of the town.
Around 70 people were involved in the brawl that started late on Saturday. A 43-year-old Bulgarian citizen had to seek hospital care after sustaining bruising to the ribs, The Local.se reports.
A 33-year-old man was arrested for aggravated assault, but was later released on Monday.
The cause of the quarrel has not yet been clarified.
"Now I am speculating. But there is a shortage of berries everywhere and they have not been paid. Thsi can lead to panic and the smallest things can prompt irritation," Mikael Hedstr?m at G?vle police has told the local Gefle Daglbad daily, as cited by The Local.se.
Hedstr?m described the situation as "chaotic" and defended the decision of two police officers in attendance to wait for further reinforcements.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prosecutors Accused Man From Gotse Delchev for Distributing Child Pornography
- » Bulgaria: Bitcoin Farm in Kyustendil Stole Electricity for BGN 2.5 Million
- » 20 People Arrested Near Sofia for Migrant Trafficking
- » The Netherlands’s Largest Drug Lab Was Busted
- » 15-Year Old Girl Detained for Phone Fraud in Bulgaria
- » 17kg of Heroin Found in a Bulgarian Citizen's Car