Israeli Terror Expert Snubs Burgas Suicide Bomber Lead
The perpetrator of the terrorist attack in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas is not a suicide bomber, according to the former Chief of Israel's Counter-Terrorism Bureau, Brigadier General Nitzan Nuriel.
Speaking in an exclusive interview for Darik radio, the General said the people who hired the suspect have lied to him and he had no idea that he was going to die.
Nuriel explained that the extensive experience of Israeli special services with transport terror attacks showed the masterminds of the plots often use people, who are not aware that they would be killed.
According to the General, another proof backing his statement is the fact that the perpetrator only had the task to place his backpacks filled with explosives inside the luggage compartment of the bus.
"Our experience with suicide bombers reveals that these people can calmly walk inside a vehicle and set the explosion that would kill them. If the man in Burgas was a suicide bomber he would have chosen the latter in order to inflict more damage and casualties. Suicide bombers do not fear death. They know they are going to die. This man looked nervous on the security camera footage," the Israeli expert said.
He did not reject both possibilities – that the yet unidentified perpetrator has been blasted on purpose or by mistake.
The July 18 terrorist attack in Bulgaria's Burgas, also known as the Burgas Bus Bombing, killed 5 Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver at the Sarafovo Airport. The main lead is that it has been executed by a suicide bomber, who arrived from abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Arrested for Transporting Migrants on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: Police detained a Drugged Syrian transporting Migrants near Shumen