Naked FEMEN Activist 'Greets' Russian Patriarch in Kiev
A Ukrainian woman from the FEMEN movement ran topless towards Russian Patriarch Kirill after he landed at the Kiev airport Thursday.
The security has managed to stop her immediately and she has only been able to shout at the Patriarch "Go Away from Here!" The woman had a sign written on her naked back reading Kill Kirill.
The FEMEN activist was able to gain access of the airport because she had accreditation from a Kharkov-based media.
FEMEN are protesting against the Russian Orthodox Church with demands for independence of the Ukrainian one.
FEMEN is a Ukrainian protest group based in Kiev, founded in 2008. The organization became internationally known for organizing topless protests against sex tourists, international marriage agencies, sexism and other social, national and international problems. Some of the goals of the organization are: "To develop leadership, intellectual and moral qualities of the young women in Ukraine" and "To build up the image of Ukraine, the country with great opportunities for women".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution