Wildfire Causes Chain Crash in Bulgaria, Threatens Varna Airport
A massive wildfire has erupted in Eastern Bulgaria very close to the Varna Airport on the Black Sea, the Bulgarian fire-fighting service reported Monday night.
The wildfire started raging close to the Hemus Highway linking Varna and the Bulgarian capital Sofia in the afternoon.
It has caused a chain crash on the Hemus Highway section close to Varna, and has led the traffic police to close the lanes in Western direction as a result of the large amount of smoke.
Nobody has been injured in the chain crash on the Hemus Highway, the bTV channel reported citing the authorities. Initial reports say six cars crashed because of the low visibility.
Local fire units have been struggling for a couple of hours to contain the fire which is raging very clause to the brand-new runway of the Varna Airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Rains will Mostly Stop and Sunny Weather will prevail over Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Dangerous Rain Showers in 8 Regions