Wildfire Causes Chain Crash in Bulgaria, Threatens Varna Airport
A massive wildfire has erupted in Eastern Bulgaria very close to the Varna Airport on the Black Sea, the Bulgarian fire-fighting service reported Monday night.
The wildfire started raging close to the Hemus Highway linking Varna and the Bulgarian capital Sofia in the afternoon.
It has caused a chain crash on the Hemus Highway section close to Varna, and has led the traffic police to close the lanes in Western direction as a result of the large amount of smoke.
Nobody has been injured in the chain crash on the Hemus Highway, the bTV channel reported citing the authorities. Initial reports say six cars crashed because of the low visibility.
Local fire units have been struggling for a couple of hours to contain the fire which is raging very clause to the brand-new runway of the Varna Airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cloudy Weather in Bulgaria on the First Day of Spring
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will still be Cold but without Rain and Snow
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Cold with Rain and Snow
- » Temperatures will start to Drop Today in Bulgaria, the Winter Returns Tomorrow
- » Bulgaria: Cold Weather and Precipitation of Rain and Snow in the Coming Days