Arab League Offers Assad 'Safe Exit' from Syria
Arab League Secretary General Nabil Elaraby has sent embattled Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad a proposal for a safe withdrawal from power.
According to the proposal President Assad and his family will be able to safely exit the country and seek shelter elsewhere.
The Arab League has also pledged USD 100 M in aid for refugees in Syria, which has for months now been torn by an escalating civil war.
Sunday and Monday the Arab League held an emergency sitting on Syria, at which it issued a call to Assad to deliver power.
The Syrian President has this far stated no intention whatsoever to do so.
At the same time, heavy fighting is going on Monday in Damascus and Aleppo, Syria's two largest cities and Assad strongholds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » The Bulgarian MEPs with a Joint Declaration on Schengen
- » Day 224 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv's Counteroffensive against Moscow's forces continues
- » US, South Korea test-fire Missiles in response to North Korea
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees