Arab League Calls on Assad to Step Down
The Arab League has called Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad to step down and a national unity government to be formed.
This is, according to the organization, the only way to stop escalating violence with rebel forces in the country.
Monday world agencies report that heavy fighting is going on in capital Damascus and largest city of Aleppo, which are Assad strongholds.
"The Syrian opposition must form a transitional govenrment of national unity," sated Qatar's PM Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani after the Arab League meeting early Monday.
Meanwhile, the USA and Israel have steeped up rhetoric agaisnt the Assad regime, claiming it owns chemical weapons that it can hand down to Hezbollah.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO