Syrian Rebels Seize 3rd Border Crossing with Turkey
Syrian rebels are said to have seized the Bab al-Salam border crossing with Turkey from President Bashar al-Assad's forces on Sunday.
"The Free Syrian Army has taken control of the Bab al-Salam crossing, but Assad's forces are bombarding our positions from afar," said Ahmed Zaidan, spokesman for an opposition group called the Higher Council of the Revolution's Leadership, as cited by international media.
A Turkish official at the border has confirmed that Bab al-Salam was in rebel hands.
The rebels had already captured the Jarabulus and Bab al-Hawa border crossings along the Turkish frontier.
The Bab al-Hawa crossing was taken over on Thursday, while the Jarabulus post came under the control of the rebels on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up