'Base of Jihad' Assumes Responsibility for Burgas Attack
An organization called 'Base of Jihad' has assumed responsibility for a suicide bomber attack Wednesday that claimed the lives of 5 Israeli tourists and their Bulgarian driver in Burgas, Bulgaria.
The information was published by Yedioth Ahronoth and the Times of Israel, who said a Lebanese newspaper received an e-mail from the organization.
"The month of Ramadan is a month of holy war and death for Allah," the Base of Jihad statement said.
"It is a month for fighting the enemies of Allah, the Jews and their American facilitators," explained the message.
The organization also threatened further attacks: "The holy war is not confined to a particular arena and we shall fight the Jews and the Americans until they leave the land of Islam."
- » Canada Becomes First Major Economy to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China