EP President: Spain Protests Signal 'Social Explosion' in Europe
The economic crisis in Spain can lead to a "social explosion" throughout Europe, warned European Parliament President Martin Schulz.
"The rallies in Spain show that a social explosion is in store, due in part to the extremely high unemployment rate among European youth," stated Schulz for German edition Bild.
The socialist called for a swift implementation of new EU programs for the promotion of employment, especially among young people.
Over the week, hundreds of thousands marched in Spain's major cities to protest new austerity measures implemented by the rightist cabinet of PM Mariano Rajoy.
At some points, protesters clashed with riot police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov