FM: Bulgarian Foreign Policy Didn't Provoke Terror Attack
Bulgaria's foreign policy has in no way provoked the murderous bomb attack that left 7 dead and dozens injured in Bulgarian city of Burgas, stated Foreign Affairs Minsiter Nikolay Mladenov.
The presumed suicide bombing Wednesday targeted a bus full of Israeli tourists, Bulgaria being a favored destination among them.
"There is nothing in what happened to suggest that Bulgaria's course of foreign policy has led to the attack," stated Mladenov Saturday in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.
"The analysis that we are making and that is the most probable suggests that this is an intentional attack designed to affect a maximum number of Israreli citizens," said he.
Since assuming powers as Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Minister in January 2010, Mladenov has led a very pro-active Middle East policy.
Mladenov has worked hard to intensify friendly relations between Bulgaria and Israel, and has organized a number of meetings with opposition leaders from the various countries of the Arab Spring.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » German Ambassador to Skopje Takes Stand on Bulgaria and North Macedonia Dispute
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US: I Hope New President Will Waiver Visas for Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s President Had Meeting with Foreign Minister of Serbia