National Security Agency Denies Active Terrorist Cell in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) has no information about an active terror unit that could have provided assistance for the July 18 terror attack against Israeli tourists at the Burgas airport.
On Wednesday, a bus carrying Israeli tourists to the Sarafovo Airport in the Black Sea city of Burgas exploded, killing seven and wounding 23.
The attack is believed to have been carried out by a suicide bomber whose photo was released Thursday by the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
According to reports of Bulgarian daily Dnevnik based on statements of DANS, the national security authority has no data about an organized terrorist group active in Bulgaria.
DANS is further quoted as saying that the terrorist most probably relied on the support of assistants and the logistics of the bomb plot was handled by one or two people who entered and left the country repeatedly.
According to DANS, even if the perpetrator of the terror attack was assisted by a person residing permanently in Bulgaria, this does not constitute a terrorist cell with systemic activity.
Bulgaria's Interior Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov announced Friday that the police were working on a version involving an accomplice to the suspected suicide bomber.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend