Sofia Tightens Security in Wake of Terror Attack on Israeli Tourists
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, has asked police authorities to tighten security measures after the deadly terror attack on Israeli tourists in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
Security measures are to be tightened around all places linked with the city's Jewish community, as well as the places in which Israeli citizens reside.
The security alert has also been raised in front of Sofia's diplomatic missions and in densely populated places.
Between 3 and 7 Israeli tourists are reported dead and over 27 were wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Minister of Health: On December 15, Bulgaria will receive its First Medical Helicopter
- » The US on Bulgaria in 2022: Impunity and Corruption, Problems with Media Freedom
- » The US Declassifies Information on the Origin of Covid
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 200 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy Weather in Bulgaria on the First Day of Spring
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office Terminated the Investigation against the former Minister of Health