Israeli Tourists' Bus Blast in Bulgaria Terrorist Attack, Police Say
The blast at Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Wednesday night, in which a number of Israeli tourists are reported to have been killed or wounded, is a terrorist attack, according to the Bulgarian police.
Between 3 and 5 Israeli tourists are reported dead and some 18-20 are reported wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties have not confirmed their number.
The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach.
According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus. A total of three buses caught fire on the Burgas Airport parking lot, a local news site, Burgas 24 says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today