Israeli Tourists' Bus Blast in Bulgaria Terrorist Attack, Police Say
The blast at Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Wednesday night, in which a number of Israeli tourists are reported to have been killed or wounded, is a terrorist attack, according to the Bulgarian police.
Between 3 and 5 Israeli tourists are reported dead and some 18-20 are reported wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties have not confirmed their number.
The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach.
According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus. A total of three buses caught fire on the Burgas Airport parking lot, a local news site, Burgas 24 says.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy