Israeli Tourists' Bus Blast in Bulgaria Terrorist Attack, Police Say
The blast at Bulgaria's Burgas Airport Wednesday night, in which a number of Israeli tourists are reported to have been killed or wounded, is a terrorist attack, according to the Bulgarian police.
Between 3 and 5 Israeli tourists are reported dead and some 18-20 are reported wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties have not confirmed their number.
The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach.
According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus. A total of three buses caught fire on the Burgas Airport parking lot, a local news site, Burgas 24 says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Operation "White" against Drugs throughout Bulgaria, 56 People have been Detained
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!