Ruling Party Wants Norway Out of Schengen over Bulgaria, Romania
The Center Party, a member of Norway's centrist-left ruling coalition, wants the country to leave the Schengen Agreement and establish control over its own borders.
"The Schengen Agreement makes it easier for criminals to enter Norway. We must take control of our own borders," Center Party MP Jenny Klinge has told Klassekampen.
She would prefer a Nordic border-free zone instead.
The problem is particularly serious, since Bulgaria and Romania can enter the Schengen agreement in the fall, the lawmaker believes.
"The problems they have in managing their borders will become our problems."
According to Klinge, if and when the two Balkan countries become part of Schengen, it will be very difficult for Norway's police authorities to deal with their organized crime.
The new conflict involving Romanian and Bulgarian Roma in Norway has also prompted Klinge to endorse a ban on begging in the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Half of Bulgarian Hotels will let Ukrainian Refugees Stay for the Foreseeable Future
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 7 Bodies were Found close to a Cemetery near Bankya
- » About 100,000 Refugees remain in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours