Aftershocks Expected after 4.5-Quake in Western Bulgaria
The 4.5-magnitude earthquake which hit Western Bulgaria on Saturday afternoon may be followed by lighter aftershocks.
According to experts from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the jolt was vertical and was felt very strongly.
The quake struck at 3.52 p.m. on Saturday at a depth of 10 km.
According to the Geophysical Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the jolt had a magnitude of 4.2 on the Richter scale, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre came up with 4.5 on the Richter scale.
The epicenter of the quake was 7 km southeast of Pernik and 19 kilometers west of Sofia, very near to the epicenter of the 5.8-magnitude jolt which hit the region in the small hours of May 22.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days