Firefighters, Police Sent to Quake-Hit Western Bulgaria
Teams of firefighters and police officers from three Bulgarian cities have been dispatched to the sites where Saturday's 4.5-magnitude earthquake felt strongest.
According to the press office of the Interior Ministry, the firefighters and the police officers were sent to the trouble spots to be ready to help, if necessary, and to prevent panic.
Saturday's earthquake was estimated as 4.5 on the Richter scale by the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre and as 4.2 on the Richter scale by the Geophysical Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
The jolt struck at 3.52 p.m. and was felt in Pernik, Sofia, Samokov, Montana and Plovdiv.
The quake occurred at a depth of 10 km and was epicentered 7 km southeast of Pernik and 19 kilometers west of Sofia, very near to the epicenter of the 5.8-magnitude jolt which hit the region in the small hours of May 22.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cloudy and Foggy Weather in Bulgaria today
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy, it will Rain in the Western regions
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in 21 areas in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria will be Cloudy and Rainy, Temperatures up to 8 Degrees
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria