Manowar's DeMaio Endorses Adopting Sofia Stray Dogs
Manowar bass player and songwriter Joey DeMaio has endorsed the campaign for the adoption of stray dogs launched in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
On Friday, DeMaio and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova visited the Seslavtsi dog shelter in the capital.
"There are stray dogs all over the world, but it is important that you have been taking measures to tackle the problem," DeMaio told Fandakova, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
Fandakova has been widely criticized over what is perceived as her incompetence in dealing with Sofia's stray dogs population.
There are over 10 000 stray dogs in the city.
The Mayor claimed that her municipality's campaign aims at "the real adoption of animals" instead of letting them back on the streets.
Two elderly men have been killed by aggressive stray dogs in the Bulgarian capital since the beginning of 2012.
- » 750 Buses Block Sofia on 25 June
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » One Person is Killed after Van Drives into Group of Pedestrians at Dutch Music Festival
- » 26-year-old Man Killed his Father with an Axe in Pleven
- » A Man Threatened a Guard in a Sofia Mall with a Knife (VIDEO)
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
Another Fandykova's stupid PR move GERB stile. She likely does not realize that adopting and/or impounding strays cannot reduce the overbreeding in the local pet population. So what about confining the latchkey dogs to roam and give birth, compulsory wearing dog collars with ID tags, and appointing dog wardens?