Police Bust Balkan Human Trafficking Ring
Police officers from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia have busted a crime ring specialized in human trafficking, arresting 18 on suspicions of smuggling Turkish citizens into EU countries.
The crime group consisted of Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Slovenes and Turkish people.
The crime ring is believed to have smuggled at least 100 Turkish nationals into the EU, thereby pocketing over EUR 200 000, according to Croatian news agency HINA.
The international police operation started in October 2011 and ended with a spate of arrests in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
The mastermind of the crime ring, a Croat, was also arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Taliban sign deal for Russian Oil, Gas and Wheat at Discounted Rate
- » Day 218 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Half of the Nord Stream Gas Leaked into the Baltic Sea
- » EU might Stop Membership Talks with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » Kosovo PM: Conflict with Serbia is a Possibility