PES President Stanishev to Defend Romanian PM Ponta
Party of Europan Socialists leader Sergey Stanishev and Romanian socialist PM Victor Ponta will give a joint press conference in Brussels Thursday on the political situation in Romania.
Bulgaria's neighbor is going through constitutional trouble as the socialist-liberal majority in Parliament supporting Ponta's cabinet has launched an impeachment procedure against President Traian Basescu for allegedly overstepping his powers.
German Chachellor Angela Merkel has also somewhat sharply stated that what happens in Romania might be in breach with the rule of law.
"PES President Stanishev will publicly state his support for Ponta following political attacks coming from the European right," the Bulgarian Socialist Party has said in a statement.
"Stanishev will also make clear how measures taken by the Romanian cabinet aim at repairing disbalances caused by the previous conservative goverments," explain the Socialists.
Before the press conference with Ponta, Stanishev will also meet Barroso to discuss developments in the status of political parties at the European level.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds