Bulgaria Nabs 4 Tons of Hashish on Danube Ferry
Bulgaria's Customs Agency has captured 4.2 metric tons of hashish on border crossing point at the Bulgarian-Romanian Danube Ferry in the northwestern city of Vidin, the institution announced.
The drugs were found on Sunday after the local customs officers inspected a truck with Bulgarian license plates headed to Belgium; it was driven by 42-year-old Bulgarian citizen.
The truck was inspected with the brand-new x-ray equipment of the Vidin Ferry Customs, which allowed the officers to find a number of packages containing the drugs.
A total of 132 packages averaging about 32 kg of hashish each were discovered inside the truck subsequently, totaling 4.2 metric tons.
According to police estimates, the detained drug shipment is worth about EUR 20 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bomb Threats again in Many Bulgarian Schools
- » A Bulgarian and 6 other People have been Detained for Preparing Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia