Bulgarian Cabinet Funds Latest Archeology Finds
The Bulgarian government is planning to slate additional funding for archeological excavations on the southern Black Sea coast, according to Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov.
Djankov spoke during his visit of the Sarafovo archeological site neat the Black Sea city of Burgas.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, archeologists uncovered an ancient city district under Black Sea waters near the Akin cape in the vicinity of the town of Chernomorets. The digs there are part of the Via Pontica project, financed by the cabinet.
The Council of Ministries will issue a decree to slate at least an additional BGN 150 000 for the digs near Sarafovo and Chernomorets, according to Djankov, who adds the later have yielded interesting finds only a week after excavations there started for the first time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Unique City of Dead at Perpericon
- » Historical Discovery: America was Reached by Humans 7,000 years ago
- » First Farmers of Europe Found in the Balkans Date to 5th Millennium BC
- » New Archeological Findings at Bulgaria’s Perperikon
- » Ancient City over 3,000 Years Old Discovered in Egypt
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Another Medieval Settlement