Hague Calls on UN to Allow Military Intervention in Syria
UK Minister of Foreign Affairs William Hague has called UN Security Council members to draft a resolution allowing the use of military force to tame the conflict raging in Syria.
Saturday a number of foreign affairs ministers are meeting in the European headquarters of the UN in Geneva in a so-called Action Group for Syria to discuss measures to be taken regarding the troubled country.
In his speech, Hague made it clear that his position still radically differs from that of Russia, represented at the meeting by Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov.
"The situation necessitates an immediate approval by the Security Council of a resolution in accordance with Chapter 7 of the UN Charter," said the British FM.
The chapter allows the use of force in cases of threats and encroachments against peace.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours