2nd Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge to Be Ready by End 2012
The second bridge over the Danube linking Romania and Bulgaria at Calafat and Vidin will be ready by the end of the year, announced Bulgarian Minister of Transport Ivaylo Moskovski.
Saturday Moskovski accompanied Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and EU Regional Policy Commissioner Johannes Hahn on an inspection of the project for the so-called Danube Bridge 2.
"82% of the bridge itself is completed at the present moment, 90% of funds have been used, 92% of outlying infrastructure has also been completed," summarized the Bulgarian Transportation Minister.
"Only poor meteorological conditions can delay the bridge's launch beyond 2012," said Moskovski.
According to him, Danube Bridge 2 is estimated to service traffic totalling 100,000 vehicles during its first year, after which the quantities are expected to increase.
- » Ryanair Launches Flights from Sofia to Crete
- » DHL Express Bulgaria Officially Opened its New Logistics Center in Sofia
- » Yavor Dachkov: Bivol used Victoria Marinova case for their own PR
- » Loulis Mills Buys Facility in Bulgaria
- » Additional BGN 40 milion will be Allocated to Help Bulgarians with Energy Bills
- » Bulgaria's Walltopia Climbs to New Heights with Verenia CPQ Solutions