USA, USSR Will Make Bulgaria Gay Sex Tourism Destination - Nationalists
Saturday's nationalist anti-Gay Pride rally in Bulgarian capital Sofia attracted only 200 protesters, but made some extravagant claims to boot.
However, they also cried out against what they see as an excessive interference of the USA in Bulgarian politics and society.
Outgoing US ambassador to Bulgaria James Warlick will be present at the Sofia Gay Pride together with his family.
"Homosexualism is a perverted fashion imported from the US," stated some of the ralliers, as quoted by OffNews.bg.
The news site also said that nationalists went as far as to express fears that the US might turn Bulgaria into a gay sex tourism destination, and even introduce pedophiles in the country.
To demonstrate their heterosexual pride, ralliers had invited three married different-sex couples dressed in wedding garments.
The march was fronted by a large sign reading "Protest by patriots against the pederasts' aggression."
Some ralliers were even more aggressive, shouting out "Death to faggots!", reports News.bg.
The anti-Gay Pride rally was organized by five Bulgarian nationalist parties: Ataka, VMRO, the Bulgarian National Union, the Bulgarian National Radical Party, and National Resistance, and marched along Sofia's central Vitosha Blvd.
The 5th annual Sofia Gay pride is scheduled to assemble 4-5 pm Saturday in the Soviet Army monument park.
- » Bulgarian and Romanian Medics Left for Austria to Help with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- » 399 COVID-19 Cases in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria is Interested in Buying 30,000 PCR Tests from South Korea
- » Minister Marinov: The Order that Requires all People to Wear Masks in Public Places has been Canceled
- » Another 25 COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain