Bulgaria Sees 45% Drop in German Tourists' Numbers May 2012
A mere 11 000 German tourists visited Bulgaria in May 2012, which is a 45% decrease year on year, according to the country's National Statistical Institute.
The total number of foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria in May dropped by 8.4%, the most drastic decrease observed in Germans, followed by Greeks (26% less year on year, reaching 41 600).
An 8% drop was registered in the number of Romanian tourists, who were a total of 67 700 in Bulgaria in May.
14.4% more Macedonian and 16% more Russian tourists visited the country in May, as compared with the same month of 2011.
In May 2012, tourists composed the greatest relative share of the total number of foreigners who visited Bulgaria - 42.6%.
In May 2012, the total number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 605.9 thousand which was by 31.2% more compared to April, but 4.6% fewer than from May 2011.
Tourists formed 72.6% of the arrivals from Macedonia, 62.7% of those from Serbia, 61.3% of those from Russia and 61.2% of those from the United Kingdom.
- » 90 Days Term to Apply for Participation in Selection for Belene NPP Investor
- » PM Boyko Borisov: Gas Interconnector between Bulgaria and Greece to Play Key Role for the Region and Europe
- » Bulgaria is Officially Seeking for an Investor for Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » Owners of Small Photovoltaic Plants in Bulgaria Threaten with Civil Disobedience
- » Strike Canceled Over 300 Flights of the National Air Carrier 'Alitalia'
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing