Bulgaria Sees 45% Drop in German Tourists' Numbers May 2012
A mere 11 000 German tourists visited Bulgaria in May 2012, which is a 45% decrease year on year, according to the country's National Statistical Institute.
The total number of foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria in May dropped by 8.4%, the most drastic decrease observed in Germans, followed by Greeks (26% less year on year, reaching 41 600).
An 8% drop was registered in the number of Romanian tourists, who were a total of 67 700 in Bulgaria in May.
14.4% more Macedonian and 16% more Russian tourists visited the country in May, as compared with the same month of 2011.
In May 2012, tourists composed the greatest relative share of the total number of foreigners who visited Bulgaria - 42.6%.
In May 2012, the total number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 605.9 thousand which was by 31.2% more compared to April, but 4.6% fewer than from May 2011.
Tourists formed 72.6% of the arrivals from Macedonia, 62.7% of those from Serbia, 61.3% of those from Russia and 61.2% of those from the United Kingdom.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving in Bulgaria will be Lifted Soon: National Operations Headquarters
- » Cyprus Announced 10 New Measures to Fight the Crisis
- » Association of Restaurants - 20% of Bulgarian Restaurants have gone Bankrupt
- » Finnair: Half of Our Customers Planning Leisure Trips by Air, Flights within Europe First Choice
- » Tourism Minister Angelkova: Bulgaria is a Safe Holiday Destination, Tourist Season Starts on July 1
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria: Movement within EU to be Restored on June 15