Bulgarian Migrants Beef Up Prostitutes' Numbers in Norway
The number of prostitutes in Norway has increased substantially, largely thanks to immigrants from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand, a report says.
According to the annual report of PRO Center, a NGO, cited by the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, about half of the prostitutes in Norway are Norwegian but the rest are from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand.
A surge in the number of prostitutes in Norway has been recorded especially after 2009 when a prostitution ban was introduced.
The report further says it is hard to estimate the precise number of prostitutes in Norway, all the more so that they travel more often than before.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5