Bulgarian Migrants Beef Up Prostitutes' Numbers in Norway
The number of prostitutes in Norway has increased substantially, largely thanks to immigrants from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand, a report says.
According to the annual report of PRO Center, a NGO, cited by the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, about half of the prostitutes in Norway are Norwegian but the rest are from Bulgaria, Romania, and Thailand.
A surge in the number of prostitutes in Norway has been recorded especially after 2009 when a prostitution ban was introduced.
The report further says it is hard to estimate the precise number of prostitutes in Norway, all the more so that they travel more often than before.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Over 50 Migrants Detained in Vratsa Region in Just One Hour!
- » Spanish Police Nab Bulgarian Mafia Leader in Sevilla Football Club Extortion Case
- » Tragic Night in Plovdiv Village: Double Murder and Suicide Unfold
- » Violent Robbery Shakes Blagoevgrad: One Injured in Shooting Incident
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023