Bulgaria Ups Hwy Speed Limit to 140 Km/H
The maximum speed limit on Bulgarian highways went up to 140 km/h at midnight Tuesday, but it is effective only for sections with the most modern pavement.
According to the newly adopted legislation, "vehicles can move with a speed of up to 140 km/h only in new sections where the pavement allows such speed."
The previous speed limit was 130 km/h. It remains 90 km/h in risky sections and highway sections built years ago.
The amendments to the Traffic Act also introduce the term "fast road," where drivers can develop speeds up to 120 km/h. These roads will not have an emergency lane, just some places to stop. They are yet to be built in Bulgaria and will cost about 30% less than regular highways.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Never Forget Your Past! New Life for Buzludzha Monument - Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and Moldova Head for Polls on July 11, What Similarities Two States Share?
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 42 Newly Infected, 2 Fatalities
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases
- » Chief Health Inspector Kunchev: High Mortality Rate from Covid-19 in Bulgaria Must Be Analysed
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector Alerts to Insufficient Vaccination Rate