Paraguay Kicks Out President, Latin America Cries Foul
Paraguay President Fernando Lugo has stepped down following a rapid impeachment procedure passed in Congress.
Federico Franco has already assumed office as the country's new president.
The development of Paraguay's political crisis has been however decried by many other Latin America countries as illegal and actually constituting a coup.
Brazil President Dilma Rousseff has even called for a suspension of Paraguay's memership from regional organizations UNASUR and MERCOSUR.
Fernando Lugo as elected as Paraguay's President in 2008.
Congress impeached Lugo for an alleged "poor execution of presidential duty" in recent land property related clashes between villagers and police that claimed the lives of at least 17 persons.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party