Bulgarian Navy Hosts Breeze 2012 Naval Drills in Black Sea
The Bulgarian Navy will host the Breeze 2012 naval drills in the Western Black Sea, the Defense Ministry announced Thursday.
The Breeze 2012 training will take place June 22-July 1, 2012, with the southern Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas serving as a base.
The goal of Breeze 2012 will be to improve the interoperability of multinational naval forces of NATO nations.
It will feature participation by the Bulgarian Navy, the Turkish Navy, the Greek Navy, a US patrol air plane, and three ships from the Second Permanent Naval Group of NATO.
During the Breeze 2012 drills, the Bulgarian frigate Drazki ("Bold") will have its NATO MAREVAL certification affirmed, the Defense Ministry said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The List of Weapons that Bulgaria will provide to Ukraine is ready
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » The Bulgarian Parliament ratified the Contract for the Acquisition of 8 more F-16 Fighter Jets
- » President Radev: Bulgaria actively participates in all NATO exercises in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister on Military Aid to Ukraine: We cannot provide the S-300