Venizelos: Greece Has Coalition Govt!
Greece has already formed a coalition government, according to Evangelos Venizelos, leader of the left-wing PASOK and former Finance Minister.
His announcement came after he held talks with the conservative election winner, New Democracy leader Antonis Samaras.
Venizelos has also revealed that Greece would be represented by outgoing Finance Minister Giorgos Zanias at a meeting of eurozone finance ministers in Luxembourg on Thursday, BBC informs.
According to Kathimerini, Greek political leaders are wrapping up talks ahead of the formation of a coalition government on Wednesday, although the final lineup of the cabinet may not be known until Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, it was made clear that the Democratic Left party is willing to join the country's ruling coalition led by the conservative New Democracy.
Anti-bailout SYRIZA and Independent Greeks have rejected the chance to join the new government.
New Democracy won 29.7% of Sunday's vote (129 seats in the Parliament), while SYRIZA finished second with 26.9% (71) and left-wing PASOK was third with 12.3% (33).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country