Bulgaria's Pironkova Kicks Radwanska Out of Eastbourne Tournament
Bulgaria's best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova has beaten top seed and world No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska the AEGON International in Eastbourne at the first round stage on Tuesday.
Radwanska was a big-name casualty as she fell at the hands of Tsvetana Pironkova, going down 6-2 6-4 to the Bulgarian on an unforgiving day for the seeded players, ESPN reported.
Pironkova has thus scored her eighth win over a world Top 10 tennis player in a total of 26 matches, and already has 2 wins in direct matches against Radwanska, who has beaten Pironkova a total of eight times.
Pironkova’s opponent in the second round will be either world No. 38 Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain or Canadian Stephanie Dubois.
- » Bulgaria Winger Despodov to Miss Start of Euro Qualifiers
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami