Bulgaria's Pironkova Kicks Radwanska Out of Eastbourne Tournament
Bulgaria's best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova has beaten top seed and world No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska the AEGON International in Eastbourne at the first round stage on Tuesday.
Radwanska was a big-name casualty as she fell at the hands of Tsvetana Pironkova, going down 6-2 6-4 to the Bulgarian on an unforgiving day for the seeded players, ESPN reported.
Pironkova has thus scored her eighth win over a world Top 10 tennis player in a total of 26 matches, and already has 2 wins in direct matches against Radwanska, who has beaten Pironkova a total of eight times.
Pironkova’s opponent in the second round will be either world No. 38 Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain or Canadian Stephanie Dubois.
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019
- » Bulgaria’s Best Tennis Player Dropped Out From the Top 10 of the World ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Romania with an Idea for a Joint Hosting of the Football World Cup