Bulgarian Man Bitten by Stray Dogs in Sofia Dies
The elderly man who was severely bitten by a pack of stray dogs in Bulgarian capital Sofia Wednesday has died in a Sofia hospital Sunday.
The 88-year-old sustained a number of severe bite wounds on his arms and legs, and was suffering from other illnesses that complicated his condition.
He passed away in the early morning Sunday, in spite of efforts by doctors in Sofia's Pirogov emergency hospital.
The elderly man was attacked and severely bitten by a pack of stray dogs in a park near the nice Sofia Geo Milev and Reduta neighborhoods, just east of downtown.
Bulgarian capital Sofia has a chronic problem with managing its stray dogs, with Mayor Yordanka Fandakova having done little to effectively mend the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Allocates BGN 16 Million to Modernize Classrooms in 160 Schools
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 210 New Cases in 5388 PCR Tests
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin
- » Bulgaria: Free PCR Tests for Parents and Students in Case of an Infected Child in Class
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 116 Newly Registered Cases