Bulgarian Tourists Go Greek On Holidays
From The Greek Reporter
By Marianna Tsatsou
Despite the crisis, our Bulgarian neighbors choose to visit Greece for their summer holidays. Last-minute offers made by tourism professionals in Greece attract tourists all over the world, but mostly from Bulgaria, since they need only to drive a few hours to reach their seaside destination.
According to Bulgarian [news site] Novinite, Greece managed to attract many Israeli tourists due to special offers, which would have otherwise traveled to Bulgaria.
But many Bulgarian have also decided to visit Greece this summer to enjoy the sun and the beaches. Greece remains the greatest destination for Bulgarians, since Greek coasts are really in close proximity to their home country thus saving them from exorbitant transportation costs.
More specifically, they are attracted to northern Greece and the beaches of the Halkidiki region.
Small family-owned hotels are offering deep discount packages in an effort to make people forget about the crisis.
Despite the negative image of Greece broadcast around the globe, Greece still boasts beautiful deep blue waters and amazing beaches which eagerly await tourists for an ideal summer get-away. Greece is the ideal answer to this upcoming hot summer, especially when it combines with low prices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'