Ill Stiliyan Petrov Remains Aston Villa's Captain
Bulgarian footballer Stiliyan Petrov, who is fighting a severe case of leukaemia, remains the captain of Aston Villa, announced new manager Paul Lambert.
End of March, it was announced that Petrov, endearingly called by fans "Stan," is diagnosed with the severe illness and will have to step away from active sports life.
Since then, he has received the warm support of fellow Aston Villa players, other teams, and countless fans in the UK and Bulgaria.
Sunday the Daily Mail writes that Lambert explained that he will find a replacement for Petrov, but has no intention of withdrawing the captain's band from him.
The two know each other from their long stint at Glasgow's Celtic, where they were teammates for eight years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria
- » What Makes Online Sportsbooks Appealing
- » Stoichkov: Thank you, King, Rest in Peace!