Smiling Duke of Edinburgh Leaves Hospital
Prince Philip has left hospital after a five-night stay receiving treatment for a bladder infection, BBC reported.
Smiling, he waved to well-wishers and shook hands with staff, a day before his 91st birthday on Sunday.
He was admitted to London's King Edward VII hospital on Monday, a day after attending the rain-drenched Jubilee river pageant with the Queen.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: "The Duke of Edinburgh continues to make a good recovery."
He added: "He will continue his convalescence at home. He will spend the weekend privately."
On Friday, the duke was visited by the duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, the latest in a series of visits from his family.
Prince Philip will now celebrate his 91st birthday on Sunday with the Queen at Windsor.
Privately, the couple and their advisers will have to decide what, if any, changes need to be made to the oustanding programme of events which have been planned for the Diamond Jubilee.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea