Turkey Denies Territorial Claims against Bulgaria
Turkey has never had territorial claims against Bulgaria or any of its other neighboring countries, Turkish Ambassador to Bulgaria Ismail Aramaz has declared.
On Friday, Aramaz met with Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov. The meeting was provoked by a Turkish school map that wrongly listed Bulgarian regions as Turkish territory.
The Turkish Ambassador reiterated that the educational CDs containing the map in question were immediately pulled out once the mistake was revealed.
The news that in addition to Bulgaria, the materials claim entire Armenia, some regions of Iraq, the Greek parts of Cyprus, and some regions in Georgia as Turkish territory, made headlines on Wednesday.
Aramaz and Mladenov also discussed the situation in the Middle East, as well as other topics.
- » Kim Jong Un Visiting China
- » Donald Trump Expects to Meet Vladimir Putin in July in Europe
- » The Bulgarian Foreign Minister goes to Macedonia
- » Prime Minister Borisov has Refused to Meet with the Macedonian President, who is in Sofia
- » PM Borisov: We will Discuss with Netanyahu whether we can do Joint Production in the Field of Defense
- » What did Trump and Kim Jong-un Sign?