Explosions Blast Ammunition Depot in Southern Bulgaria
Explosions have occurred at a private ammunition depot near the Southeastern Bulgarian village of Lozenets, forcing local authorities to temporary close the the major Bulgarian road junction known as "Petolachkata".
The first blasts were hear at around 2:40 pm local time.
A total of seven employees of the ammunition depot have been injured, according to the Bulgarian Health Ministry. There have been no reports of casualties.
The village of Lozenets, located near the town of Straldzha is currently being evacuated, local media say, citing witnesses.
Representatives of the Sofia-based company that manages the ammunition depot are said to be on their way to the scene of the accident.
Police vehicles, ambulances and fire trucks have already arrived at the place.
Back in July 2008, a military storage facility at Chelopechene near Sofia exploded, shocking the Bulgarian capital but luckily claiming no lives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » From February 5: Arctic Cold sets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: The Roads in the Areas of Sofia have been Treated against Icing
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia
- » More than 18 Thousand cubic meters of Illegal Logging in Bulgaria was Established in 2022