Syria Expels Bulgarian, Other Western Envoys
Bulgaria's charg? d'affaires in Syria Dimitar Mihaylov is among the diplomats designated "personae non gratae" by the local authorities.
Diplomats from the United States, Britain, Switzerland, Turkey, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany and Canada are also expelled.
Syria's move comes a week after governments around the world expelled its top diplomats from the country.
On Tuesday, May 29, Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry formally asked Salah Sukkar, Charge d'Affaires of the Embassy of Syria, to leave in the wake of the recent massacre of civilians in the Syrian town of Houla. The move was coordinated with the aforementioned western countries.
Many world leaders blame Syria for the recent massacre that left more than 100 people dead. Syria has denied responsibility.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria