All Bulgarian Poultry Farms Meet EC Welfare Standards – Minister
Bulgaria's Minister of Agriculture and Food, Miroslav Naydenov, has announced that the country has fulfilled all requirements of the European Commission (EC) regarding laying hen welfare.
Speaking Monday in the central town of Veliko Tarnovo, he boasted that Bulgaria had managed to meet the end-June deadline set by the EC and would not face sanctions.
"Staring Monday, all poultry farms in Bulgaria are raising happy hens and we met the deadline we were given earlier," the Agriculture Minister stated, reiterating that Bulgaria would not be penalized by the EC.
"Humane treatment is important because it brings high quality meat and eggs to consumers," Naydenov added.
He further specified that there were a total of 122 poultry farms in Bulgaria raising 2.33 million "happy" hens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed
- » The Guardian: Brexit through the Eyes of a Strawberry Picker from Bulgaria
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency
- » 67% of Bulgarians have taken an Average of One and a Half Loans in 2021