Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Released from Hospital
Blagoi Ivanov, the Bulgarian MMA fighter who was stabbed almost fatally in February, has been released from hospital after hanging between life and death for three months and three days.
Ivanov was treated at Sofia's emergency hospital Pirogov, where he relapsed into coma a few times and put the skills of a great team of doctors to the test.
On February 26, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
The MMA fighter suffered a deep stab wound in the chest that affected one of his lungs and his heart. His condition remained critical for several weeks.
Blagoi Ivanov recently gave his first press conference after the attack, declaring that he is determined to return to the fighting ring.
Blagoi Ivanov aka Bagata won the gold medal in the 2008 World Sambo Championships and the bronze in the 2006 world contest. In Bellator MMA fights, he has never lost a match, having won 6 of his 7 games this far, and tied one.
A 23-year-old suspect for the assault remains in custody.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: One in Ten People in Europe will be Infected with COVID-19 by the End of the Week
- » Record Number of Deaths from COVID-19 in Greece
- » Mixing Vaccines against COVID-19 provides better Protection
- » Bulgaria is among the Places with the Most Polluted Air in Europe
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall, Snowfall and Strong Wind Announced for 3 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Traveling to the UK now Requires a COVID Test even for Vaccinated Passengers