Strong Aftershock Rattles Northern Italy after Tuesday's Earthquake
A second, 5.6 degree tremor has shaken the north of Italy Tuesday, after a 5.8 degree quake claimed the lives of at least 10.
According to the US Geology Survey, the epicenter of the earthquake was some 49 km northwest of Bologna.
No reports of destruction and casualties are available regarding the second tremor, but the first was vastly destructive, demolishing buildings that had suffered the 6.1 degree quake May 20.
11 aftershocks have been felt until 3 pm local time, ranging from 4 to 2.6 degrees on the Richter scale.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn