Death Toll in Renewed Italy Quake Climbs to 10
At least ten persons are reported killed and dozens injured after a new strong earthquake shook northern Italy Tuesday, report agencies.
Many people are feared to have been trapped beneath the rubble of newly collapsed buildings.
The new tremor, reported to be of 5.8 maginitude on the Richter scale, was felt throughout nothern and central Italy.
According to inital reports, the epicenter was in the commune of Mirandola in the region of Modena, 40 km north of Bologna and 60 km east of Parma.
Buildings that suffered damage during the initial 6.1-degree earthquake May 20 have collapsed.
People are reported fleeing stores and offices in Milano, Bologna and the Aosta Valley near the border with France.
The initial earthquake hit the Italian province of Emilia Romana around 4 am Sunday, May 20.
It destroyed many buildings of historical significance, but also new ones, causing the deaths of seven persons.
Some 7,000 persons are still living in temporary housing, after their homes were destroyed or damaged.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"