Aftershock Jolts Bulgaria 1 Wk after Earthquake
A 3.8 degree earthquake was felt in Western Bulgaria Tuesday, one week after the region was shaken by a 5.9 degreee tremor.
The aftershock was registered around 10.23 Tuesday and was felt best in the city of Pernik, which was the most affected by last week's natural phenomenon.
According to Bulgaria's National Institute in Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography, the epicenter of the tremor was some 20 km south-west of capital Sofia, and just on the outskirts of Pernik.
Aftershocks of the night earthquake last Tuesday morning have continued throughout the week, albeit lighter than the present one.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days