Syrian Opposition Stage Massive Meeting in Bulgaria
Representatives of three Syrian opposition movements met Monday and Tuesday in the Bulgarian town of Pravets to discuss developments in their homeland.
The meeting, co-ordinated and facilitated by the Bulgrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, adopted a declaration on the recent bloodshed in Houla and other cities in Syria.
The declaration called on the UN Security Council and the international community to immediately interevene in support of the Syrian citizens against what opposition representatives see as criminal actions by President Bashar Al-Assad.
It further called on the Arab League and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation to offer humanitarian aid to Syria.
Representatives of the Syrian National Council, the Kurdish National Council and the National Bloc participated in the meeting.
Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikolay Mladenov called the meeting "historic," arguing it brought together the three Syrian opposition organizations.
National Council chair Burhan Ghalioun expressed hopes that if the UN does not react, then the group of Friends of Syria could intervene.
"The unity of the opposition is a guarantee for the victory of the revolution," recapitulated Abdulhakim Bashar.
Bulgaria, toghether with its EU partners, denounces atrocities in Syria that took place in the last few days and firmly stand behind the peace plan of UN envoy Kofi Annan, stated Bulgarian Minister Mladenov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up